Saturday 21 January 2012

New Artist Alert: Seasfire


Introducing Seasfire, the Bristol-based quintet who bring an eclectic mix of pop and electronic vibes to the table with their debut offering 'Falling', for which you can see the video below.

Featuring ex-players from The Joe Public, this piano-led ballad tinged with slight unnerving electro outbursts easily ebbs about the shore, driven along by some nice guitar work towards the end of the track. It's a great pop-vocal that fronts the mix, as the track drifts pleasantly in and out of my consciousness, but I can't help feeling that although this is perfectly suited to some late-night easy listening, there's a certain substance lacking that fails to maintain my interest as a listener. There's no doubting it's a well-crafted and professionally-sounding song, I just wonder if the intensity peaked a little more, offering greater dynamic contours within the track, for which there is a lot of room to do so, it would serve itself as a great stand-alone song rather than something that might be better suited as background music. That said, there is clearly a market for what the guys are doing, which I'll be the first to admit I'm not one of, so my opinion may differ from yours and I urge to have a listen for yourself and make your own minds up.

You can check out Seasfire at their Facebook page and watch the video for Falling below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write :)