Sunday 20 June 2010

Green Day live @ Wembley Stadium/Jovi rant

Last night I went along to watch Green Day at the prestigious Wembley Stadium, with support from Frank Turner who was cool, and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts whose outfit left a lot to be desired but her vocals were good for her age...wasn't so keen on the outdated music though.

Green Day however, are a band I probably wouldn't have got into had it not been for my partner who is as big-a fan of them as I am of Bon Jovi. I've got to be honest and say that it's far too easy for people to dislike Green Day; they just seem to be one of those bands that people knock without any real reason but until you've seen the kind of show they put on at Wembley, say nothing! I think a few mouths would be promptly shut and a lot more converted; it was a huge concert, a massive spectacle and almost 3 hours (long set!) of a lot of fun and good time rock n roll. I can only hope Bon Jovi are planning a date or two in 2011...I guess we'll see.

In other news (I promise to stop moaning about it after this) I'm so so disappointed Bon Jovi played my favourite song Something To Believe In last night at the o2. I asked for weeks before the show on Twitter and Bonjovi.com over and over again to have it played on the 13th, but I guess it's just the luck of the draw what gets read and listened to. I wonder if it had anything to do with Dave's absence, but Jeff Kazee would have had new songs from The Circle to learn anyway. Anyway that's the last I'll say on the matter, I'm just gutted not to have heard it, especially after having seen video's on Blame It On The Love where people with great seats right behind the stage are just sat down and seemingly not bothered at all. I hate it when people are only there for the greatest hits yet have the best seats in the house. Ok, no more moaning now. I promise. Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Sucks that you didn't get STBI, knowing that you'd have really appreciated the moment. I'm guessing Dave's absence made Jon reluctant to throw in anything really out of the blue, though I have no doubt Jeff would have been able to learn it.

    As for Green Day, I'm not a huge fan but they're alright, and I've never heard anything bad about their live shows from people who have seen them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write :)